Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ben & Jerry's pocket-sized sundaes...

Ben & Jerry's "Flipped Out!" ice cream.

I was given several coupons from the generous folks over at Ben & Jerry's for a few free two-packs of their new "Flipped Out!" ice cream. Aaaaand considering that anything involving ice cream is immediately my new favorite thing of all time, I jumped at the chance to try some!

(If you're going to try some out on your own, I do recommend checking to see where they're sold before you go traipsing around three different stores only to realize it isn't sold at any of them. Gahhhh.)

Anyway, Jay and I finally found some at our local Stater Bros. and decided to get a two-pack for each of us. (Hey, we had free coupons, after all.) And upon initial inspection, I was all, "Dude! These are freaking small!" They are deceptively tiny - that is, until you open one up, turn it upside down, pop the ice cream out onto a plate, see the fudge is dripping down the sides and you're all, "THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!"

basically my heaven, really.

(See? Greatest day of my life. The end.)

a bite.

The way they are set up is kind of neat, actually. There is a sort of hard-shell of chocolate, fudge, ice cream (with peanut butter in mine, and cookie dough in my husband's) and cookie bits - all layered into a cute little pocket-sized sundae. Well, okay, you wouldn't literally want to put in into your pocket, but whatever.

aaaand scene.

It is the sort of treat you can enjoy in the moment and not feel like crap afterwards. Now I understand why they're so tiny - they are the perfect size to satisfy a sweet tooth without the food guilt afterwards! Of course, since they come with two, it's a little difficult not to rationalize eating the other one right away. I know that upon finishing his first one, my husband immediately said, "Yeah, I kind of want to eat the other one now." They are that gooey and delicious.

Actually, I ate my second one for lunch the other day. Apparently I'm embracing my own food guilt and just going with it.

And it has been quite delicious, if you ask me.

14 comments:

Natali said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That looks SOOOOO good! Aaaa! Darn you for ruining my desire to stay strictly to Weight Watchers points today. Darn you! (But in a nice way :-)) lol

Unknown said...

These look really good. How much are they normally?

thatShortchick said...

my mom recently brought these home and I INHALED them. I've been dreaming about them ever since.

Lindsey Marie said...

That looks so delicious. I'm going to have to search all of Pittsburgh til I find a store that sells them! How do you get all these companies to just hand you coupons anyways?? I want ben and jerry's to give me free ice cream!!

SassyCassie said...

Oh no! I'm already addicted to Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream-I had to switch to the fro yo version just so I didn't gain 15 lbs and now you've gone and shown me another treat I MUST have NOW-yikes!

danielle said...

Oh good. I'm glad I can't find these in Korea (and if I can don't tell me about it!!) I'm fighting the urge to finish the carton of GooGoo Cluster ice cream we have in the freezer now!
By the way, I love that you ate ice cream for lunch. This is so my rationalization: The calories I consume in this ice cream probably equal a lunch. So, ice cream for lunch equals big fat OF COURSE THIS COUNTS AS HEALTHY. Same amount of calorie intake, duh!

Anonymous said...

YumOOOOOOO!!! Just looking at it gives me cavities!

Anonymous said...

Those look AMAZING. Oh my goodness.

Megan said...

I had these on Sunday (cookie dough!) and it was really yum! Your pictures are delicious!

.jimaie.marie. said...

I need to look up a store on their site so i can go spend my coupons!! I've been to 2 stores and haven't seen them yet and now i'm DYING to get my hands on those ice creams!!!!! lol!

YUM.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very valuable message

Spatzi said...

You need more goodness to review, lady. :)

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Wowza! I have never seen those in my grocery store! YUMM!

shannon (the daily balance) said...

those look AMAZING! I haven't seen them in stores yet, but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled ;)